You are using an unsupported browser. Please update your browser to the latest version on or before July 31, 2020.

Which license should I choose, Standard or Ultimate?

The license you need depends on the filesystem you are recovering data from.

  • To recover data from a photo camera memory card, or a USB thumbdrive, you need a Standard license (these use FAT or exFAT filesystems).
  • If your disk or disk set was directly attached to a Windows PC (internal drive or external hard drive), you still need a Standard license (Windows PCs use FAT and NTFS filesystems; Windows servers use ReFS which is also covered by Standard)
  • If your disk or disk set comes from an Apple Mac, from a Linux server, or from any kind of a NAS, you need an Ultimate license.
  • 1
  • 09-Feb-2014